Why did my device stop working after I updated Athena's Software?
Sometimes during an Athena software update the device will lock and display a light. Athena will reset after the battery has died and been recharged.
For iOS users, please follow the below directions:
- Unplug your Athena from the USB charger
- If the lights don’t turn off after 10 seconds, let the battery drain. This should take under an hour
- Once the battery has died and the lights are off, plug in your Athena to charge
- Within 30 seconds, Athena should connect with the ROAR Personal Safety App
If the above didn't work, you can perform a complete reset by following the below instructions:
- Go to “Settings” > “Bluetooth” > Select the “(i)” to the right of "ROAR Athena" > "Forget this Device” > “Forget Device”
- Open the ROAR app, tap the Athena icon, and tap “Unpair Athena”
- Press the button on Athena 10 times. After this step, Athena’s lights should rotate
Additionally, if you're trying to pair Athena with a new phone and still have the original phone it was paired with, follow these instructions to pair:
1. Pair Athena with the original phone and make sure Athena's software has been updated
2. After the software has been updated, open the ROAR Personal Safety app, tap the Athena icon in the upper right hand corner, and tap "Unpair Athena"
3. Download and open the ROAR app on the new phone, and follow the Athena pairing instructions