I am about to get a new phone. How do I make sure Athena works with it?
Before switching to a new phone, there are two important steps that you need to execute:
1) Unpair Athena in the ROAR Personal Safety app
- Go into the ROAR Personal Safety app
- Tap the Athena icon on the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Swipe down to the bottom of the page
- Tap "Unpair Athena"
2) "Forget" Athena in your phone's Bluetooth device list
- Go into your phone's settings
- Go into Bluetooth settings
- Find "ROAR Athena" under "My devices" (iOS) or "Paired Devices" (Android)
- Tap the "i" symbol (iOS) or gear symbol (Android) on the far right of the box
- Tap "Forget This Device" (iOS) or "Forget" (Android)
From here, your Athena is ready to pair to your new phone!