We are very excited to roll out email reporting for all properties. Please see the FAQ below to answer any questions that you may have about email reporting.
What is email reporting?
Email reporting is a new feature that, that can inform customers about Smart Beacon status at a pre-determined interval. Customers have to opt-in to email reporting by requesting email reporting to be activated for the user(s) at their property from ROAR Support.
What data is included in reporting?
In the reporting, customers will be able to see one of two things:
- A healthy status message if we do not see any equipment that is offline
- A list of locations that has equipment that is offline or has low batteries.
What is the difference between an offline beacon and a low-battery beacon?
An offline Smart Beacon has not been seen in its pre-determined interval. A Smart Beacon can be offline for a number of reasons:
- The batteries have completely died
- The Smart Beacon can no longer communicate with its assigned network because it:
- Was removed from the room
- Was removed from the property
- The Smart Beacon needs to be reconnected to the network by pressing the physical button on the Smart Beacon
A Smart Beacon can have a low battery in one of two stages:
- Alert - Batteries should be replaced within 3 months
- Warn - Batteries should be replaced ASAP.
Whenever a Smart Beacon is on the report for low batteries, priority should be given to that equipment to replace the batteries.
See Smart Beacon Battery Replacement to learn more about replacing batteries in Smart Beacons
How often can I get reporting?
Reporting can be sent at the intervals below. If you need your reporting interval updated, please file a ticket with support here.
Reports will be sent on the first Monday closest to the desired frequency at 5:00 am Eastern time according to the following rules:
|Monthly||On the first Monday of every month|
|Biannually||On the first Monday of June and December|
|Annually||On the first Monday of December|
What does reporting cost to add-on?
There is no additional cost to add an unlimited number of users to System Status Reporting for your property.